Skip to main content

My Thursday Threads #2

So this is a flash fiction meme from  the blog The Weird, the Wild and the Wicked

#ThursThreads - Tying Tales Together for Valentine's Day - Week 58






Here's how it works:
  • The prompt is a line from the previous week's winning tale.
  • The prompt can appear ANYWHERE in your story and is included in your word count.
Rules to the Game:
  • This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
  • Incorporate the prompt as written anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
  • Post your story in the comments section of this post
  • Include your word count (or be excluded from judging)
  • Include your Twitter handle or email (so we know how to find you)
  • The challenge is open 7 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time
  • The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up. ;)
How it benefits you:
  • You get a nifty cool badge to display on your blog or site (because we're all about promotion - you know you are!)
  • You get instant recognition of your writing prowess on this blog!
  • Your writing colleagues shall announce and proclaim your greatness on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus

Our Judge for Week 58:


The erotic romance author who loves roses, and has a new release out, Sandra Bunino.


I just want to say--I'm not really in it to win it, so to speak. I just feel like its been too long since I've posted any fiction on my blog, and I just want to get back into the practice again. And I love promoting authors (like the ones mentioned above) and other fiction writers (like the kinds you encounter in these flash fiction deals.) 
Plus it's probably been about a hundred years since I wrote anything for Valentine's Day. 

Here we go!

The Prompt:


“What good does it do?”

All stories written herein are the property (both intellectual and physical) of the authors.




BECAUSE IT IS MY HEART
I don’t know if you’ll read this,  but what do I do with your question, when I’m not even sure if I should reply to it at all? I feel like you’ve pierced me on every tender point of my skin, which lies flayed, like something you could bite into.
I know this is dangerous, but who cares? I do, I care. This is my life and this is my heart. My parents can go to hell, they spend so much time talking about it anyway, it’s like they have firsthand knowledge of what its like.
You want to know what good this all does, all this sneaking around, hiding behind emails, not being able to hold hands in public like everyone else? The good it does is this: I’ve scraped my heart raw for you. I’ve been slapped, kicked, punched, spit on, made fun of, called the most vicious names and had complete strangers threaten to kill me, all because I love you. Change comes from letting yourself believe what they say about us is true.
Despite everything, I love you for being yourself. Don’t give up now.  Don’t let them win. We have found each other after lifetimes of being apart, don’t let them take it away, I beg you.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The not so final word on 50 shades

There's a lot of hype, in case you've lived under a rock, about 50 Shades of Grey. Perhaps you've heard of this book somewhere? Well, I've heard mixed reviews about it and I found out a few facts that were puzzling to me.
One--that this book started out as Twilight fan fic. Say what?! What's amazing is that someone thought that writing Twilight fan fic was a GOOD idea. Second...really? Apparently the characters are so close in personality to the infamous Twilight characters, that would be enough to turn me off. Ana is a self-depreciating weak willed character who lets her life be run by Edward. I mean, Christian. I hate weak female characters that stay weak through the whole series. It's okay if you begin a story weak, then experience something, then learn from it, then change into someone stronger, but to not learn anything at all about yourself and always put a guy's needs in front of yours all the time is just plain silly and sends really the wrong mess…

A-Z Challenge "X" is for "X-Files"

Day twenty three and the letter "X" for the A-Z Blog Challenge. If this is your first time here, my A-Z challenge is based on Urban Legends, and follows the life of a small town Nevada reporter, Adele.
If you are stopping by from the challenge (or anywhere else, like the Parajunkee Hop or Facebook)-feel free to join the Bluestocking Club, or follow me on Twitter! I have a brand spanking new Facebook Page, so the more "likes" the better! Thanks everyone for all your comments, I am still trying to catch up, but if you leave your blog url, I *will* get to you!

Adele's story continues....


There's been a lot of speculation over the years about the existence of the secret branch of the government, specifically the FBI, known as the X Files. A government agency dedicated to strange, unusual, and possibly the paranormal. What better place to hide this supposed branch of government, but a stretch of desert that no one cares about and no one really knows exists (and pro…

Irish Books; Strong Female Characters; Book Inscriptions

Irish Books; Strong Female Characters; Book Inscriptions

Happy St. Patty's Day! Today, I am Irish for 24 hours. As everyone must know, I am a fan of lists, so here's list of top 10 Irish characters, top female characters in different genres, and book inscriptions from the awesome folks over at Shelf Awareness. Enjoy! If you are feeling Irish inspired today, and own a Kindle, there's a number of Irish/Celtic fairy tales and myths you can download for free.