Skip to main content

A to Z Challenge Days 9-10 Letters I and J



 In case you're just tuning in, for my #PADChallenge (Poem A Day Challenge) which is also a part of the #AtoZBlogChallenge. I am taking one line of text from T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland and using that line for the day that corresponds with today's letter, in alphabetical order. I missed yesterday's letter, which was the letter I, and today is the letter J. So here it is.

H)    I never know what you are thinking
Just dreaming all the time.
And believe me, I watch carefully
You look so pale
But there’s also a glow or
A halo
It’s like a tv at night
It both washes you out and illuminates you
How it glimmers blue-white in the dark room
And I am passing under your window
I need to
Tell someone.
I collect night symphonies and
I crush them between my teeth
And let it flow down my chin.
Don’t tell me I’m tripping, I’m not.
Growing up is a collection of
All the echoes of what you were.
It all shifts and flashes
Who are you in this conversation,
A picture that really doesn’t fit inside the frame?
It’s a Sagittarius eclipse,
Celestial spirits and centaurs-
It’s so perfect, half this thing and half that thing
Neither in this world or
That one.
That’s where I live, inside the between places.
With a ticking clock.
Who am I?
What do I do?
I draw pictures of wide eyed dolls
And make my own dreamscape.
I live for pleasure and the glow.
I grow sharp fangs.
I am wavering and intangible.

I)       Jug jug jug jug jug jug
Singing to myself,
Walking on the side of the road
I can walk great distance
I can collect miles,
Across rivers, and fields
Through barns,
Neon and rain
Smoky clubs and dive bars
In the city,
Through music,
Runways
And kitchens
Across the stage, even.
Looking upward
The earth splinters under me:
Jug jug jug jug jug jug
Strange fruit
Offered by the spirits
Along a hidden trail
Mud and mountains
Which leads to a fairy ring,
A print here of
Deer
I print there of
Ky-ote
Body swept along in the breeze
Scared and hungry and waiting
The sound of memory:
Jug jug jug jug jug jug.
Trying to get started
Trying to recall the sun on his face
With my memories
Seek shelter, direction
And find the signs
on the side of the road.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The not so final word on 50 shades

There's a lot of hype, in case you've lived under a rock, about 50 Shades of Grey. Perhaps you've heard of this book somewhere? Well, I've heard mixed reviews about it and I found out a few facts that were puzzling to me.
One--that this book started out as Twilight fan fic. Say what?! What's amazing is that someone thought that writing Twilight fan fic was a GOOD idea. Second...really? Apparently the characters are so close in personality to the infamous Twilight characters, that would be enough to turn me off. Ana is a self-depreciating weak willed character who lets her life be run by Edward. I mean, Christian. I hate weak female characters that stay weak through the whole series. It's okay if you begin a story weak, then experience something, then learn from it, then change into someone stronger, but to not learn anything at all about yourself and always put a guy's needs in front of yours all the time is just plain silly and sends really the wrong mess…

A-Z Challenge "X" is for "X-Files"

Day twenty three and the letter "X" for the A-Z Blog Challenge. If this is your first time here, my A-Z challenge is based on Urban Legends, and follows the life of a small town Nevada reporter, Adele.
If you are stopping by from the challenge (or anywhere else, like the Parajunkee Hop or Facebook)-feel free to join the Bluestocking Club, or follow me on Twitter! I have a brand spanking new Facebook Page, so the more "likes" the better! Thanks everyone for all your comments, I am still trying to catch up, but if you leave your blog url, I *will* get to you!

Adele's story continues....


There's been a lot of speculation over the years about the existence of the secret branch of the government, specifically the FBI, known as the X Files. A government agency dedicated to strange, unusual, and possibly the paranormal. What better place to hide this supposed branch of government, but a stretch of desert that no one cares about and no one really knows exists (and pro…

Irish Books; Strong Female Characters; Book Inscriptions

Irish Books; Strong Female Characters; Book Inscriptions

Happy St. Patty's Day! Today, I am Irish for 24 hours. As everyone must know, I am a fan of lists, so here's list of top 10 Irish characters, top female characters in different genres, and book inscriptions from the awesome folks over at Shelf Awareness. Enjoy! If you are feeling Irish inspired today, and own a Kindle, there's a number of Irish/Celtic fairy tales and myths you can download for free.